Sunday, May 6, 2007

Parental Advisory


My sister bought Andrew (my 7-yr old) the new Beastie Boys (BB) "Solid Gold Hits". He is my hip-hop, rocker rapper type, and he loves music like that. Tim and I really like the BB, and everyone must admit that there is at least one BB song that they like. Well on the front cover, big as life, there is a "parental advisory". There are definitely a few songs that need to be skipped. So what does my son do, he takes the CD to school for sharing. Just lovely. lol Luckily his teacher knows us, otherwise who knows what she would think. Am I wrong to let my children listen to music we all enjoy (minus bad language of course)?

1 comment:

Jamie Stavenger said...

I was not allowed to listen to the RADIO in the 80's- that's how strict my parents were in the "music" department! Do I resent that? No....unless I'm sitting at an "80's prom" and can't sing along to "Kharma Chamelion" like everyone else. :( In retrospect, I'm grateful that my mom took the "Like A Virgin" record that a friend gave me for my birthday, and hid it in the closet. ha ha

Thank goodness for CD burners...make yourselves a collection of listenable tunes!